Goals and Procedures
Administer first aid, medications & treatments to high school students
Teach prevention & therapeutic aspects of health on a 1:1 basis on the high school level
Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team in assessing & planning for students
Maintain confidential records in accordance with the RI regulations
School Nurse Policies & Procedures
During the school day a School Nurse Teacher is on duty in the clinic located on the main level of the building. When a student has an illness and requests to see the nurse, the teacher must fill out a clinic pass.
- All ill students should be seen by school nurse first prior to contacting parents for pick up.
- Any person picking up a student must present a photo ID
- No student is to be sent home due to illness without first contacting a parent or guardian for permission.
- Students may only be sent home by the School Nurse Teacher or a school administrator or authorized school staff.
- The School Nurse teacher is to make teachers aware of any pertinent student medical problems at the beginning of the school year and at each new quarter. Teachers are asked to work with the nurse in providing these services to students.
- No medication will be administrated by the School Nurse Teacher unless the appropriate documentation is on file in the nurse's office.
- Students requiring medication during field trips must have the field trip policy signed by parents or guardian on file in the nurses' office. Medication must be supplied by parents in a pharmacy labeled container.