Stuart List - Assistant Principal
Thank You for visiting my page...
WMS Students Every Day-In School and On Time
The beginning of our school year is one of excitement and enthusiasm. It is a time to meet new classmates, getting back together with established friends and just the overall excitement of another fresh start.
There are many reasons why making school attendance a priority. Each lesson missed is usually part of and related to other lessons. Once you develop the habit of being in school every day and on time it will help make your experience in our school community much more enjoyable!
WMS Helpful Tips for Improving School Attendance
- Our buses are a consistent way to ensure your child arrives to school in a timely manner.
- Children will get coughs and colds during the winter, but it does not mean that they need to miss school. Collaborate with Mrs. Iacoi, our school nurse if your child needs medication or cough drops to be comfortable during the day.
- We encourage families to take vacations during the scheduled vacations throughout the school year.
- If there are reasons why your child is not coming to school (school phobia, relationships with peers, academic difficulties…), please contact our school counselors so that any underlying issue can be addressed.
- Monitor your child's attendance through the Parent Portal to keep track of absences. If an absence is marked unexcused and you gave your child a note, please call the school attendance line (401.348.2750, Option #2).