Westerly Public Schools Student Registration
Christine Miller, Student Registrar
23 Highland Avenue, Westerly RI 02891
Phone: 401-315-1502 (NEW phone number)
Welcome to Westerly Public Schools! Due to COVID-19 restrictions, our building is closed to walk-in visitors. Please call Christine Miller at 401-315-1502 for more information or to schedule a day and time for you to come in.
In order to register your child, you will need:
- A completed New Student Registration Packet. If you are unable to download the registration packet, please contact Student Registration at 401- 315-1502 and one can be mailed to your home address.
- Your child’s Birth Certificate
- Your child’s most recent physical and immunization records
- Proof of residency - a copy of your lease, mortgage statement, Westerly tax bill or current utility bill are the only acceptable forms of proof of residency.
- If you do not have an acceptable form of proof of residency, please contact Student Registration before sending any documents.
- A copy of your current drivers license. This is for personal identification and can not be used as your proof of residency.
- Custodial paperwork, if applicable.
- For high school registations, please provide a copy of your child's most recent report card and current class schedule.
The completed packet and supporting documements can be sent to Student Registration in the following ways:
- Completed packets and all supporting documents can be scanned and emailed to Student Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed packets and a copy of all supporting documents can be mailed to Student Registration, 23 Highland Avenue, Westerly RI 02891.
- Schedule and appointment to drop off the completed packet and all supporting documents curbside. Our buildings remained closed to visitors and walk-ins appointments cannot be accomodated at this time.
Once your documents have been received, you will receive a follow up phone call from Christine Miller in student registration. Your child's registration is not complete until a telephone interview has been completed. Please contact Christine Miller at email@example.com or 401-315-1502 if you have any questions. Incomplete registration packets cannot be accepted.
Students entering grades 1-12
You will need to provide your child's child previous school information including name, address and phone number. Your signed release (part of the registration packet) will be sent in order to obtain your child’s academic records.
A copy of your child’s current physical and immunization records are a needed component of the registration packet. You may have your pediatrician fax them to the Central Registration Office at 401-348-2707. Please contact student registration if you having difficulty obtaining your child's records.
Students entering Grades 9-12
Telephone apointments to discuss your child’s schedule with Westerly High School Guidance will not be made until after all registration documents have been submitted and your child's registration is complete. In lieu of official transcripts, please have a copy of your child's most recent report card and current class schedule.
Preschool and Kindergarten students
A Child Outreach Screening must have been completed prior to entry into kindergarten. If you are interested in registering your child for preschool, or have questions on whether your child has been screened for kindergarten, please call CHILD OUTREACH at 401-315-1582.
Please feel free to contact Christine Miller in Central Registration at 401-315-1502 with any questions or concerns you may have.