DUNN'S CORNERS HEALTH CLINIC
Nurse: Kate Plante, BSRN
Hello DCS Families and Friends! I am your 2022-2023 School Nurse Teacher and I am so glad to be part of your child's school day! I graduated from the University of Rhode Island's College of Nursing. I have experience as an Emergency Room Nurse for over 7 years, and have been a nurse for over 12 years. I look forward to working closely with both you and your child to keep them in their best health. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or concerns. Below I have included some links that you may find useful.
Clinic: 348-2320 ex. 5253
Fax : 348-2325
Department Web Pages
- School Nurse Policy's and Procedures
- The School Nurse Teacher Policies and Procedures
· Administer first aid, medications & treatments to elementary students
· Teach prevention & therapeutic aspects of health on a 1:1 basis in clinics at elementary level
· Teaching Health classes for grades K- 4
· Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team in assessing & planning for students
· Maintain confidential records in accordance with the RI regulations
- School Nurse Policies & Procedures
During the school day a School Nurse Teacher is on duty in the clinic located on the main level of the building. When a student has an illness or injury and requests to see the nurse, the teacher will send them down or request assistance as needed if unable to ambulate on own.
· No student is to be sent home due to illness without first contacting a parent or guardian for permission.
· Students may only be sent home by the School Nurse Teacher or a school administrator
· The School Nurse teacher is to make teachers aware of any pertinent student medical problems at the beginning of the school year and at each new quarter. Teachers are asked to work with the nurse in providing these services to students.
· No medication will be administrated by the School Nurse Teacher unless the appropriate documentation is on file in the nurse's office.
· Students requiring medication during field trips must have the field trip policy signed by parents or guardian on file in the nurses' office. Medication must be supplied by parents in a pharmacy labeled container.