Pre-Engineering 8Instructor: Brennan, R.
This quarter we will apply the key concepts of the Design Process through one major culminating project-based challenge:
- Crazy Contraption
As part of the Design Process, students will be asked to:
- Identify specifications and constraints
- Research scientific principles of simple machines and mechanical advantages
- Brainstorm multiple solutions with thumbnail sketching
- Coordinate and collaborate with different subsystems to make one working system
Create a working 3D mechanical contraption using all simple machines
- Test, evaluate and redesign (if necessary)
- Document the entire process using a variety of technology applications.
The course meets twice per week for nine weeks according to the following schedule:
- Hurricanes – Monday, Block 2; Wednesday, Block 3; Thursday, Block 5
- WindJammers – Monday, Block 6; Wednesday, Block 2; Friday, Block 2
- Granite- Monday, Block 1; Wednesday, Block 5; Friday, Block 5
Grading will be based on the design project and engineering portfolios.
Please see Mr. Brennan if you have any questions.