Pre-Engineering 7Instructor: Brennan, R.
This quarter we will apply the key concepts of the Design Process through two major project-based challenges:
- Catapult Challenge
- Cereal Box Design Challenge
As part of the Design Process, students will be asked to apply their understanding of:
- Specifications and constraints
- Scientific principles (simple machines, potential and kinetic energy)
- Elements of Design
- Technological Resources
- Cultural and historical design trends and impacts
- Schematic sketching
- 3D prototyping
- Systemic testing and evaluation
The course meets three times per week for nine weeks according to the following schedule:
- Catamarans – Monday, Block 3; Tuesday, Block 2; Friday, Block 3
- Explorers – Monday, Block 5; Wednesday, Block 5; Friday, Block 1
Grading will be based on design projects and engineering portfolios.
Please see Mr. Brennan if you have any questions.