Pre-Engineering 6Instructor: Brennan, R.
This quarter we will apply the key concepts of the Design Process through two major project-based challenges:
- Ship the Chip
- Balsa Wood Bridge Challenge
As part of the Design Process, students will be asked to:
- Identify specifications and constraints
- Research scientific principles (tension, compression, trusses, ...)
- Brainstorm multiple solutions with thumbnail sketching
- Prototype using proper methods and safety procedures
- Test, evaluate and redesign
- Document the entire process using a variety of technology applications.
The course meets twice per week for nine weeks according to the following schedule:
- Anchors – Tuesday, Block 3; Thursday, Block 3
- Sunfish - Tuesday, Block 6; Thursday, Block 6
Grading will be based on design projects and engineering portfolios.
Please see Mr. Brennan if you have any questions.