Westerly Public Schools is committed to wellness and has created this program to encourage, motivate, and support employees to lead healthy lifestyles and to create an ongoing culture of healthy minds and bodies. All eligible participants will receive a discount on their health and dental co-share costs. The program will run from July 1 - June 30 annually. Eligible mployees will receive the discounted rates after completing the participation requirements during the previous program year. WTA members are not eligible for this discount. Participation is voluntary and open to all current employees whether or not they are enrolled in District health coverage. Employees are encouraged to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any health or nutrition related programs.
In the event you experience a life event and need to enroll in healthcare midyear and have not participated in the wellness program, you will not be eligible for discounted rates until the next program year begins.
All employees are encouraged to keep an eye on their WPS inbox for Wellness emails and to share their wellness experiences by using the hashtag #WesterlyWellness
New Hire Program Requirements
In order to receive the wellness program discount for the current fiscal year (effective 7/1), you must submit proof of your annual well visit (that took place during the prior fiscal year) for yourself and all of your covered dependents by completing the Wellness Form within 30 days of your hire date. Accepted forms of proof may include a note from your medical provider (not to include any medical information) or documentation from your insurance provider (BCBSRI members can find this on the BCBSRI website under Medical Claims Details).
In order to receive the wellness program discount you must submit proof of your annual well visit (that took place during the current fiscal year) for yourself and all of your covered dependents by completing the Wellness Form no later than May 31 along with proof that you accumulated 50 wellness program points throughout the current fiscal year.
- Lead an approved monthly engagement activity - 50 points
- Participation in a monthly engagement activity - 15 points
- Proof of attendance at a free BCBSRI class - 10 points
- Proof of participation in an event or group sport (i.e. charity walk, 5K, triathlon, Tough Mudder, Color Run, Save the Bay swim, adult soccer league, etc.) - 10 points
- Proof of annual dental cleaning - 5 points
- Proof of gym membership - 5 points
- Proof of an average of 5,000 steps per day for a month - 5 points
- Proof of 3 workouts (i.e. run, bike, swim, classes, etc.) per week for a month - 5 points
- Proof of an average of 7 hours of sleep per day for a month - 5 points
- Proof of daily meditation for at least 2 minutes per day for 7 days - 5 points
- Proof of initial creation of a free online BCBSRI account (members only) - 5 points
- Proof of completion of a free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) webinar - 5 points
- Proof of blood donation - 5 points
- Proof of active CPR/first aid certification - 5 points
Monthly Engagement Activity Calendar
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I sign up to lead an approved monthly engagement activity? A: By submitting the Wellness Form. To ensure a variety of activities, submissions will be selected on a first come first serve and needs basis.
Q: What constitutes as proof? A: You can submit a screen shot or a picture as proof for almost all of the various point values. For activities such as steps, meditation, workouts, or sleep, proof can be the history from any app that tracks these types of activities such as your FitBit, Apple Health, Samsung Health, etc.
Q: Who do I contact if I have questions about the wellness program? A: You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.