Christine Miller, Registrar
Welcome to Westerly Public Schools! In order to register your child, you will need:
- A completed registration packet.
- You may download a registration packet by clicking the link New Student Registration Packet. If you are unable to download a registration packet, please contact Student Registration and it will be mailed to your home address.
- Your child’s Birth Certificate
- Your child’s most recent physical and immunization records
- Proof of residency - a copy of your lease, mortgage statement, Westerly tax bill or current utility bill are the only acceptable forms of proof of residency.
- If you do not have an acceptable form of proof of residency, please contact Student Registration before sending any documents.
- A copy of your current drivers license for personal identification (can not be used as proof of residency)
- Custodial paperwork (if applicable)
- For high school registations only - A copy of your child's most recent report card and current class schedule
Due to COVID-19, our buildings remainined closed to visitors. The completed packet and supporting documements can be sent to Student Registration in the following ways:
- Completed packets and all supporting documents can be scanned and emailed to Student Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are free scanner apps that can be downloaded to your device that work quite well.
- Completed packets and a copy of all supporting documents can be mailed to Student Registration, 23 Highland Avenue, Westerly RI 02891.
- An appointment can be made to drop off the completed packet and all supporting documents curbside. Our buildings remained closed to visitors and walk-ins cannot be accomodated.
Once your emailed (or mailed) documents have been received, you will receive a follow up phone call. Your child's registration is not complete until a telephone interview has been completed. Please contact Christine Miller at email@example.com or leave a message at 401-315-1509 if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment for curbside drop off.
Incomplete registrations can not be accepted.
Students entering Grades 1-12
You will need to provide your child's child previous school information including name, address and phone number. Your signed release (part of the registration packet) will be sent in order to obtain your child’s academic records.
A copy of your child’s current physical and immunization records are a needed component of the registration packet. You may have your pediatrician fax them to the Central Registration Office at 401-348-2707. Please contact student registration if you having difficulty obtaining your child's records.
Students entering Grades 9-12
Telephone apointments to discuss your child’s schedule with Westerly High School Guidance will not be made until after all registration documents have been submitted and your child's registration is complete. In lieu of official transcripts, please have a copy of your child's most recent report card and current class schedule.
Preschool and Kindergarten students:
A Child Outreach Screening must have been completed prior to entry into kindergarten. If you are interested in registering your child for preschool, or have questions on whether your child has been screened for kindergarten, please call CHILD OUTREACH at 401-315-1582.
Please feel free to contact Christine Miller in Central Registration at 401-315-1509 with any questions or concerns you may have.
- A completed registration packet.