New Student Registration
Due to current school closures in RI through April 30th, completed registration packets and all supporting documents can be scanned and emailed to student registration. Registration packets must be completed in full, and all supporting documentation must be scanned and emailed along with the completed packet.
- You may download a registration packet by clicking the link New Student Registration Packet
- If you are unable to download a registration packet, please call 401-315-1509 and leave a message. A return phone call will be made within 1 business day and a hard copy registration packet with a return postage envelope will be mailed to your home address.
Before emailing (or mailing) any documents, please make sure you are sending all of the following information:
- A completed registration packet
- Your child’s Birth Certificate (do not mail the original)
- Your child’s most recent physical and immunization records
- Proof of residency - a copy of your lease, mortgage statement, Westerly tax bill or current utility bill are the only acceptable forms of proof of residency. If you do not have an acceptable form of proof of residency, please leave a message at 401-315-1509 before emailing any documents. You will receive a return phone call within 1 business day.
- A copy of your current drivers license for personal identification (can not be used as proof of residency)
- For high school registations only - A copy of your child's most recent report card and current class schedule
- Custodial paperwork (if applicable)
Incomplete registrations will not be accepted.
When all the necessary douments are ready to scan, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your emailed (or mailed) documents have been received, you will receive a follow up phone call. Your child's registration is not complete until a telephone interview has been completed and you have received your child's student ID number. If you have any questions regarding the registration process or you are having difficulties obtaining the supporting documents, feel leave a message for Christine Miller at 401-315-1509. She will return your phone call within 1 business day and will be happy to assist you.
Students entering Grades 1-12
You will need to provide your child's child previous school information including name, address and phone number. Your signed release (part of the registration packet) will be sent in order to obtain your child’s academic records.
A copy of your child’s current physical and immunization records are a needed component of the registration packet. You may have your pediatrician fax them to the Central Registration Office at 401-348-2707. Please contact student registration if you having difficulty obtaining your child's records.
Students entering Grades 9-12
Telephone apointments to discuss your child’s schedule with Westerly High School Guidance will not be made until after all registration documents have been submitted and your child's registration is complete. In lieu of official transcripts, please have a copy of your child's most recent report card and current class schedule.
Preschool and Kindergarten students:
A Child Outreach Screening must have been completed prior to entry into kindergarten. If you are interested in registering your child for preschool, or have questions on whether your child has been screened for kindergarten, please call CHILD OUTREACH at 401-315-1582.
Please feel free to contact Christine Miller in Central Registration at 401-315-1509 with any questions or concerns you may have.