Westerly Public Schools Central Registration
Michelle Barber, Student Registrar
23 Highland Avenue, Westerly RI 02891
Phone: 401-315-1502 Fax: 401-348-2707
In order to register your child, you will need:
- A completed New Student Registration Packet If you are unable to download the registration packet, please contact Michelle Barber at 401-315-1502 to have one mailed to you.
- Your child’s Birth Certificate
- Your child’s most recent physical and immunization records
- Proof of residency - a copy of your lease, mortgage statement, Westerly tax bill or current utility bill are the only acceptable forms of proof of residency. (only one is required)
- If you do not have an acceptable form of proof of residency, please contact Central Registration before sending any documents.
- A copy of your current drivers license. This is for personal identification and can not be used as your proof of residency.
- Custodial paperwork, if applicable, must be included with the registration paperwork.
- For high school registations, please provide a copy of your child's most recent report card and current class schedule.
The completed registration forms and all supporting documents can be sent to Central Registration in the following ways:
- Scan and email to Central Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to Central Registration, 23 Highland Avenue, Westerly RI 02891.
- Schedule an appointment to drop off all forms by calling 401-315-1502.
Incomplete registrations will not be accepted.
Please contact Michelle Barber at the number above if you have any questions regarding the registration process.
STUDENTS ENTERING GRADES 1 - 12
You will need to provide your child's previous school information including name, address and phone number. Your signed release (part of the registration packet) will be sent in order to obtain your child’s academic records.
A copy of your child’s current physical and immunization records are a required component of the registration packet. You may have your pediatrician fax them to the Central Registration office at 401-348-2707. Please contact 401-315-1502 if you are having difficulty obtaining your child's medical records.
STUDENTS ENTERING GRADES 9-12
The Westerly High School Guidance Department will contact you to set up an appointment to discuss your child's schedule. Contact will not be made until after all registration documents have been submitted and records are received from the previous school. (Please be sure to sign the release page of the registration packet and provide your child's previous school information) Also, please be sure to have a copy of your child's most recent report card and current class schedule.
PRESCHOOL AND KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS
A Child Outreach Screening must have been completed prior to entry into kindergarten. If you are interested in registering your child for preschool, or have questions about whether your child has been screened for kindergarten, please call the CHILD OUTREACH OFFICE at 401-315-1582.
Please feel free to contact Central Registration at 401-315-1502 with any questions or concerns you may have.