Westerly Public Schools Central Registration
Michelle Barber, Student Registrar
23 Highland Avenue, Westerly RI 02891
In order to register your child, you will need:
- A completed New Student Registration Packet If you are unable to download the registration packet, please contact Michelle Barber at 401-315-1502 to have one mailed to you.
- Your child’s Birth Certificate
- Your child’s most recent physical and immunization records
- Proof of residency - a copy of your lease, mortgage statement, Westerly tax bill or current utility bill are the only acceptable forms of proof of residency. (only one is required)
- If you do not have an acceptable form of proof of residency, please contact Central Registration before sending any documents.
- A copy of your current drivers license. This is for personal identification and can not be used as your proof of residency.
- Custodial paperwork, if applicable.
- For high school registations, please provide a copy of your child's most recent report card and current class schedule.
The completed packet and all supporting documents can be sent to Central Registration in the following ways:
- Completed registration forms and all supporting documents can be scanned and emailed to Central Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed packets and a copy of all supporting documents can be mailed to Central Registration, 23 Highland Avenue, Westerly RI 02891.
- Please call Central Registration at 401-315-1502 to schedule a time to drop off your registration forms. Appointments are preferred.
Incomplete registrations will not be accepted.
Once your emailed (or mailed) documents have been received, you will receive a follow up phone call. If you have any questions regarding the registration process or would like to schedule a time for drop off, please contact Michelle Barber at CentralRegistration at 401-315-1502.
Students entering grades 1-12
You will need to provide your child's previous school information including name, address and phone number. Your signed release (part of the registration packet) will be sent in order to obtain your child’s academic records.
A copy of your child’s current physical and immunization records are a needed component of the registration packet. You may have your pediatrician fax them to the Central Registration Office at 401-348-2707. Please contact 401-315-1502 if you having difficulty obtaining your child's records.
Students entering Grades 9-12
Telephone appointments to discuss your child’s schedule with Westerly High School Guidance will not be made until after all registration documents have been submitted and your child's registration is complete. In lieu of official transcripts, please have a copy of your child's most recent report card and current class schedule.
Preschool and Kindergarten students
A Child Outreach Screening must have been completed prior to entry into kindergarten. If you are interested in registering your child for preschool, or have questions on whether your child has been screened for kindergarten, please call CHILD OUTREACH at 401-315-1582.
Please feel free to contact Central Registration at 401-315-1502 with any questions or concerns you may have.